Steve Jobs is a name synonymous with Apple and he was one of the most respected entrepreneurs in the world. Jobs worked through years of perseverance, determination and hard work to build an incredibly successful company “Apple”.
Though Steve Jobs left us in 2011, he is still alive in the hearts of millions of people. Jobs is not just remembered because of his vision and courage to think differently but also due to his words of wisdom.
The success of Apple ushered in a new era of innovation and led to a major shift in how people perceived cell phones and people carrying the latest Apple iPhone are considered to be the trendiest of the lot!
The success of Apple actually led to a change in the lifestyle of many people. His beliefs “to do what you love” inspired many people.
There are so many things that an individual can learn from his intuition, innovation and decision making.
Here are 30 Quotes by the Visionary that Can Help You Get More Out of Your Life:
1: “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
2. “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.”
3. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.”
4. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
5. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
6. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
7. ” Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
8. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.”
9. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful…that’s what matters to me.”
10. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.”
11. ‘If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today?
12. “Life is about creating & living experiences that are worth sharing.”
13. “Let’s go invent tomorrow instead of worrying about what happened yesterday”
14. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
15. “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”
16. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
17. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
18. “Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”
19. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
20. “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex.”
21. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
22. “Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.”
23.” Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
24. “Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do.”
25. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”
26. “If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on.”
27. “If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on.”
28. “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
29. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”